ED is the inability to have or maintain an erection for satisfactory sexual performance. For some men, this can be extremely distressing.
– Vascular Diseases
– Diabetes Mellitus
– Neuropathic Diseases
– Psychological Issues
– Hormonal Abnormalities
– Medication Side Effects
– Poor Physical Conditioning (Metabolic Syndrome)
– Post-Prostate Surgery Complications
– Tobacco Use, Illicit Drug Use, Excessive Alcohol Consumption
The incidence of ED increases with age. By the time a man is in his 50s, there can be up to a 50% risk of ED (Eardley 2013) .
– Lifestyle modifications (i.e. healthier diet, quit smoking, increased exercise, etc.)
– Oral Medication (i.e. sildenafil, avanafil, tadalafil, vardenafil)
– Injectable or Intraurethral Medication (i.e. alprostadil)
– Hormone analysis and replacement
– Penile Vacuum Pump